Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I believe my 2 1/2 yr old is seeing things. Plz help! ?

Our nightly routine B 4 bedtime is we sing a few songs and i read him a book. he never had any problem going to sleep & staying all night bed, until abt a month ago. Now whn I finish reading him his book he does whatever he can 2 prevent him leaving him alone in bed. He'll run 2 get another book or try & play games. trying 2 get him in bed is a struggle. His body gets stiff or he'll cling 2 me with all his might. Once he does finally go 2 sleep he'll wake up crying in the middle of the night crying & come 2 our bed saying "crying" or "scared" but goes 2 sleep w/no problem once he's N our bed. One night my husband put him asleep. He said he had talk w/our son 2 see what the problem was. my husband said thy my son started pointing up @ the ceiling @ one of the corners over & over, he would not talk but just nodded his head No everytime my husband started calling out random things that were in his room. He worked in the word "man" & my son got scared & nodded yes. We put glow in the dark stickers on all his walls added more nightlights. I know he is not afraid of the dark bcz he'll walk into any other dark room, no problem. I ONLY have this stuggle only putting him dwn 4 his nap or when its time 4 bed. And what scares me even more is tht, he found a crusafix the other day & come nightime, he clings to it and says Jesus & kisses it and has to have it w/him 2 go 2 sleep. Its still a nightly struggle but the cusafix did seem 2 ease his fear a little. We try & talk 2 him 2 get him do describe or open up abt it whn we're driving in the car for example, but all he does is get shy almost scared 2 say anything & just repeats exacty wht we say. He only confirms tht he sees a man in the same spot & tht its scary. Plz help. I've heard children have sixth sense & I now believe it, but I'm hoping its not anything tht will bring him any kind of harm. any suggestions r greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment