Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pair of chaco sandals in need of repair - will it be covered by warranty?

I have a pair of chaco sandals from 2006 that are in need of repair. Both need new soles, and I am thinking of getting them rewebbed because part is on the beginning of fraying and I'd like a new color pattern. I know that the webbing wont be covered by their warranty, but what are the odds of the resoling being paid for? I ask because I would really like to keep using them (even though just the buckle and footbed will be reused). The thing is I have a discount code for Peace Corps for 50% off if I wanted to buy new ones. I don't really want to send them in only to find that the resoling isn't covered due to "normal wear and tear." What would resoling be considered? I really don't like to throw things away when they've still got some life in them...

No comments:

Post a Comment